Why we Celebrate Veterans Day? ^^History & Facts | Wiki – Information – Hello guys, as the Veterans Day is falling closer, one of the most interesting and anticipated questions everyone is curious to know why do we Celebrate Veterans Day. Veterans Day is celebrated each and every year with a lot of pomp, zeal, and fervor but many of us are unaware of its History, Wiki, and Information. You are at the right place as here we are going to explore all the amazing Veterans Day Stuff for you which will definitely add more joy to celebrate the upcoming Veterans Day moment blissfully in the company of Friends, Family members, and closed ones.
Why we Celebrate Veterans Day?
It is important for all the citizens of America to know Why we celebrate Veterans Day?. Here we have got the answer for the questions which will make you feel proud about the significance of the day. Of all the important and significant occasions celebrated in the year, Veterans Day is also celebrated to pay tribute to the Veterans (living Military Servicemen) of the country who have contributed their selfless services for the country without any fear or greed for the betterment and welfare of the country. Thus it is the moment to acknowledge and honor these brave military soldiers for their immense contribution on the war field.
It is on Veterans Day, we also pay tribute and pray for the late Veterans who lost, sacrificed their lives in the war fields protecting us from the enemies. Thus on this great occasion, we extend our best wishes, prayers, and charities to the disabled veterans.
Veterans Day History
Veterans Day comprises of a long lasting History which was originated as “Armistice Day” on 11th November 1919. The History of Veterans Day denotes that on the 11th hour of the 11th day in the month of 1918, an armistice between the two nations allied and Germany took place. It was in the year 1921, during the World War I period American Soldier was buried in Arlington National Cemetery. Also similarly an unknown American Soldiers were buried in England at Westminster Abbey and at France at the Arc de Triomphe. November 11th, the day was commemorated with the end of the “war to end all wars”.
Congress in the year 1926 came into a resolution to officially declare November 11 as the “Armistice Day”. It was soon in the year 1938; the day was announced as a National Holiday. During the same era, the Second World War erupted in the European continent.
The end of the World War II and the Korean War, Raymond Weeks organized “National Veterans Day”. The day which was earlier known as the Armistice Day was renowned as the Veterans Day. During the Second World War, the US armed forces experience the largest mobilization in the history with more than 16 million from all branches of services. Also, more than 5.7 million American Soldiers served in Korea. It was the glorious moment when in the year 1954, the 83rd United States Congress amended the 1938 declaration of Armistice Day a holiday, thereby changing it to Veterans Day with President D. Eisenhower signing it into legislation on 1st June 1954. Thus November 11, became the US Veterans Day, a National Holiday to honor and respect the American Veterans.
Veterans Day Facts
Each and every historical day has been associated with facts and interesting aspects. Veterans Day is also one such moment which comprises list of Veterans Day Facts, well known to honor and pay tribute to the Veterans of the nation. We cherish and praise this astonishing instant and thus to make you acquaint we have compiled below some of the unknown facts about the Veterans Day.
- Veterans are people who served the nation through their services in the military (US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard) in times of war or peace.
- There were around 38,140 veterans in the year 2013 who served the nation through all the World War II, Korean War, and Vietnam War eras.
- In the United States, Veterans Day is celebrated every year on November 11th (at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month), the same day that World War I hostilities formally ended
- Veterans Day, which pays tribute to all veterans, living or dead, differs from Memorial Day during which we pay tribute to those who lost their lives in combat.
- In the United States, there are currently over 2 million female Veterans.
- Also, 3 states California (1.8 million), Florida (1.5 million), and Texas (1.7 million) are home to more than a million veterans.
- Also, there is another interesting fact about Veterans Day as the day falls around the same time as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day in different nations.
- World War I formally commenced on November 11th, at the 11th hour. It is likewise the 11th month.
- Veterans Day and Memorial Day are infrequently mistaken with each other, however, Memorial Day is the day celebrated to respect the individuals who kicked the bucket while serving in the military and Veterans Day respects every one of the individuals who have served in the U.S. military, alive and expired.
- In the year 1971, Veterans Day was moved to Fourth Monday of October. Then later on in 1978 it was once again brought back to November 11th.
- In 1954 the National Veterans Award was made, additionally in Alabama.
- On November 11th, Veterans Day is celebrated both as the Government and State occasion in the United States.
- Each and Every year on Veterans Day a function is being organized in Arlington Cemetery to respect all who have passed in the war.
- As on today, there are roughly 24 million veterans living.
- There were roughly 400,000 individuals from the United States military assassinated in the World War II.
- It was in 1921, on November 11th, an American officer was covered at Arlington Cemetery. His personality was obscure and in that capacity, his gravesite is known as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- On November 11th a wreath is laid on the grave amid a function. It is laid by the president or by a high-positioning individual from the legislature.
Veterans Day Wiki-Information
We have already gone through the thorough history and facts about the Veterans Day and now here we have described in brief Veterans Day Wiki – Information which will give you an idea about the day. Veterans Day is commemorated as the National Holiday in the United States of America for the people who had served in the Military and Armed forced during the World War – I, II and Korea War. The day is noted both as a Federal and a State Holiday. It is also celebrated as the “Armistice Day”, Remembrance Day in different countries. It is an annual event which marks the anniversary of the end of World War- I.
Veterans Day is officially observed on 11th November, however as the day falls on a weekday, many communities hold the celebrations on the weekend closest to this date. Thus each Veterans Day should be a time when Americans stop and remember the brave men and women who have risked, devoted and sacrificed their lives for the United States of America